1. Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Drop in the pine nuts, tossing every 20 seconds until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Place capsicum slices flat onto a chopping board. Use the cookie cutter to cut out star shapes. Set aside.
3. In a medium sized pot add the arrabbiata sauce and bring to the boil. Whilst the arrabbiata sauce is heating add the basil pesto and cream into a second pot. Stir and mix well. Also bring to the boil. Once the sauces start to bubble reduce to a simmer on a low heat.
4. Add half the cooked spaghetti and half the pine nuts to the arrabbiata sauce and the other half to the pesto. Using tongs, toss spaghetti and pine nuts through the sauce. Remove from the heat.
5. On a large platter, carefully lift the spaghetti out of the pot and create Christmas tree shaped piles.
6. Decorate by adding a capsicum star to the top of each tree and sultanas as Christmas baubles on the sides.
7. Sprinkle over the parmesan ‘snow’ to complete each tree.
8. Enjoy with your favourite Christmas mains, like glazed ham or roast turkey.
• To make this dish gluten free and suit the dietary needs of your guests, swap out the standard Diamond spaghetti for 2 packets of Diamond gluten free spaghetti instead.
• If you have leftover pasta then store in the fridge for an easy meal.