- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the rosemary and sage. Add the sausage, pancetta, and beef mince. Cook until the juices run off, breaking apart with a fork.
- Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced. Add 1 cup of the beef stock, garlic, the bay leaf and black pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 50 minutes, adding some more stock if needed along the way. Just before finishing cooking add the basil and mix through.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the packet instructions to al dente.
- Mix through some of the ragu sauce with pasta. Place in individual serving bowls, top with more white ragu, blanched asparagus and parmesan cheese. Bon Appetit!