- In a bowl whisk together the egg, milk, parmesan, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a little olive oil In a fry pan over a medium heat, fry off the bacon, walnuts and panko crumbs until golden. Blitz in the food processor until fine but still a little chunky. Set aside.
- Heat the spaghetti as per pack instructions.
- In the same pan over a low heat, toss the cooked spaghetti with the egg, herb and parmesan mixture. Stir quickly and constantly until a creamy carbonara sauce is formed and just coats the spaghetti. Make sure you do not overcook as it will turn into scrambled eggs!
- Lastly, heat another non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Sprinkle your finely grated parmesan in two areas and crack the eggs in the centre of each cluster of parmesan. Fry off until parmesan is golden and egg white is cooked but yolk is still runny. Use a lid if necessary.
- Seve the pasta into two serving bowls. Top with parmesan fried eggs, walnut bacon crumb and some extra fresh herbs.