1. Cook the fettuccine according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Add the olive oil to a large fry pan and cook the chicken pieces until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Reusing the same pan, cook the bacon over a medium-high heat until golden. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant.
4. Stir in the cream, parmesan cheese, cooked chicken and pasta and continue to gently stir for a couple of minutes until the parmesan is melted. Add the egg yolks and stir to coat in all the sauce.
5. Season to taste, top with additional parmesan cheese if desired and serve with a garnish of fresh thyme.
6. For more of a main meal, serve with salad.