Cooking Tips - Meals
Macaroni CheeseHandy hint: For a creamier meal use half a cup of low fat milk and 1 cup water.
Serving ideas: Add variety by preparing Diamond Macaroni Cheese or Diamond Macaroni Cheese Bacon as directed then add ½ cup of one or more of the following:
- Cooked diced ham
- Cooked diced chicken
- Cooked diced lamb, beef or pork
- Cooked vegetables
- Smoked, flaked fish
- Cooked sliced mushrooms
- Lightly fried onion
- Cooked diced capsicums
Handy hint: Keep your frying pan at a medium heat during the cooking process. If the heat is too high, the water is evaporated quickly and often the rice is not given enough time to cook through.
Rice Cooker cooking instructions:
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil (or butter), the rice mix, the flavour sachet and 2 ½ cups of water (3 ½ cups for the Family pack) to the rice cooker and stir.
- Cover with lid and set to "Cook" (do not remove lid during cooking). Cook until the selector switches to "Keep Warm".
- Let stand for 10 minutes with the lid on. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken and Lemon Couscous
- Stir in chopped parsley, basil, mint and squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
- Perfect as a salad. Let cool then stir through chopped capsicum, zucchini, spring onion and chopped cooked chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and you favourite vinegar.
- For a more substantial side dish or an easy main, add feta cheese, chickpeas and chopped vegetables then top with slivered almonds.
- Stuff pita breads, tacos or wraps with cooked couscous, salad and meat for a fun family meal.
- For real Moroccan taste and flavour contrast, stir through lemon juice, chopped apricots or currants and chopped coriander.
- Or try adding pine nuts, almonds or pistachio nuts for a crunchy texture